In the summer of 2009, I designed and implemented a small web portfolio for my old friend Nenad Nikitović. He is a sculptor by profession, living in Granada, working with wood with focus on restoring old furniture and church relics.
The site was online for a while at www.restauracionmaderanele.com, but unfortunately is not available anymore.
During 2007 and 2008 I worked on a document analysis tool called “Matchpoint”.
The idea is to parse the document by identifying content blocks and then find certain keywords within the context. The document is tagged based on the found information.
I did the software architecture first, creating the concepts, entities and relations,and identifying crucial parts of the system.
The heart of the system is the parsing engine that identifies segments of document, for example education, experience, and so on. All the permutations of the segments are used, and the one that matches the most segments is selected for further analysis. Each of the recognized segments is then searched for the keywords. Each keyword has appropriate tags assigned, and this way the document is in the end tagged.
Since the algorithm has to analyze documents in different languages, using semantic algorithms seemed a bit too complicated, so I went with regular expressions.
The documents can be emailed or uploaded by FTP to the web server, where is a Windows service monitoring configured folder. A .NET console application is then run to convert document to plain text using IFilters, and then to run the analysis, and upload the data to the Microsoft SQL Server database in the end.
Users can use a web application built on ASP.NET Web Forms to search and view indexed documents.
In the winter of 2008, I collaborated with my old friend Goran Petrović, to create a website for his company “Adverto Mystery Shopping”.
We brainstormed the information architecture, and afterward I created a rudimentary CMS to maintain the content.
During 2oo8 I worked on the vehicle auctioning platform for a Swiss company.
Frequent discussions with my close associate Saša Klačar, who did the requirements collection and communication with the client, resulted in well documented software architecture.
After defining the system entities and relations, I managed a team of experienced developers went on to implement the system using ASP.NET Web Forms for the front-end, .NET, C# and SubSonic for the middle tier and Microsoft SQL Server as the back-end.
I have also designed the database, scripted SubSonic, implemented a part of DAL, and created a Windows service for XML data imports from an external source.
Following the loose Agile process, we have first released a user interface mock-up, which triggered several system redesigns and resulted in better specification in the following releases.
The better part of the project was done, but it was at a point stopped by the client, even as they were very satisfied with our results, but it was caused by the company’s internal problems.